VA provides a number of health care services.
- Hospital, outpatient medical, dental, pharmacy and prosthetic services
- Domiciliary, nursing home, and community based residential care
- Sexual trauma counseling
- Specialized health care for women veterans
- Health and rehabilitation programs for homeless veterans
- Readjustment counseling
- Alcohol and drug dependency treatment
- Medical evaluation for disorders associated with military service in the Gulf War, or exposure to Agent Orange, radiation, and other environmental hazards
VA provides free health care for veterans who served in a theater of combat operations after November 11, 1998, for any illness possibly related to their service in that theater.
Time Limits: You have five years from the date of your discharge from active duty on or after January 28, 2003. You have until January 27, 2011, if you were discharged from active duty before January 28, 2003, and were not enrolled as of January 28, 2008.
The VA Hospital System is the largest in the free world, the money saved and the care provided is worth the wait.
Inpatient and Outpatient Care is Available at the Following Hospitals
If you have an emergency you may want to consider going to the local hospital
Click HERE to go to the Veterans Administrations Health Care Homepage.
For information on community care CLICK HERE