Medina County Veterans Identification Cards are available from the Medina County Recorder’s Office.
Medina County Recorder’s Office
144 N Broadway St #117
Medina, OH 44256
Visit the Medina County Recorder website
- You will need an original or certified original copy of your discharge in order to be eligible for a ID Card.
- If you do not have one you can come into our office and we will assist you in requesting an original copy. Or you can order one online by clicking here.
- You will need a valid Drivers License or State ID card also with your application.
*** If you did not meet the service requirements or service criteria to receive one of the following you will not be issued a ID card. We are sorry but this is the law. The only agency that can issue you a discharge is the branch that you served in.
*** This ID card is not a valid form of identification and we are not responsible for those that accept it.
Discharge documentation includes:
- A DD214 is a separation from Active Duty.
- Reservists and National Guardsmen/women will may have received a DD214 other than the initial training only if they have been activated into an active-duty status, usually under Title 10 orders.
- National Guardsmen/women receive another form of final discharge. Many of them, have one or several DD214’s however, it is not their final discharge – this takes the form of the NG/22.
- NGB Form 55 is issued to Soldiers concurrently discharged from the ARNG and as a Reserve of the Army with honor. This includes any request of the Family if a Soldier dies while in the ARNG.
- Traditional Reservists – those that served their entire contract without an activation, will not have received a DD214 except for the one they received at the completion of their initial military training (boot camp, basic training, job school). In the absence of a federal activation, the only discharge paperwork these troops will receive is a DD256 – Honorable Discharge Certificate. Unlike a DD214 or an NGB22, the DD256 does not elaborate on any aspect of military service, it is merely a statement of honorable service. Another key difference between the DD256 & the DD214/NGB22, is that it is only issued after the completion of the entire service contract.