Media Release | Medina County Veterans Services Office COVID-19 Notice
The Medina County Veterans Service Office is still available to assist you in these times of need. We are available by phone and other electronic sources in order to make sure your immediate needs are met.
MEMORANDUM FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SUBJECT: Medina County Veterans Services Office COVID-19 Notice
EFFECTIVE: Friday, March 19, 2020
Due to the public health risks associated with the COVID-19 virus, our office is closed to the public. As a result, there will be no scheduled appointments or walk-ins.
We are available to conduct some business through phone calls, email, fax and/or mail. Financial Assistance is the priority.
Phone in hours currently are from 8:00am to 3:00pm, we will return calls within 3 business days.
Phone: (330) 722-9368 | FAX: (330)722-9378 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is our goal to continue to provide for the needs of our Veterans & their families. We ask that you please be patient as we work through these new procedures. Our goal is to keep everyone safe in their home with the necessities that we can provide.
*Financial Assistance (Priority)
- Financial assistance will be provided by calling the office and conducting a phone interview.
- If you are a prior client, it will be just an update of your account information.
- If you are a new client, we will need you to mail, email or drop off the following:
- DD214/discharge | Proof of residency | Proof of income | Mortgage/Lease | Utility bills
- The vouchers will be completed, and you will be called to either pick them up or they will be put in the mail.
- Expected turnaround time is 3 business days.
**VA Claims Assistance
- The only VA Claims we will be doing at this time are time sensitive issues.
- Intent to file (ITF) will hold your date of claim for a new or to reopen a claim
- Supplement/Higher Level Review (HLR); (must be completed within 1 year of your award letter)
- Notice of Disagreement (NOD); (must be completed within 1 year of your award letter)
- Form 9 (Appeal); (must be completed within 1 year of your award letter)
***Transportation to VA Medical Center (Cleveland, Parma and Akron)
- You must have a scheduled appointment and have scheduled with us for you to ride.
- You must not be sick. If you are feeling ill, please call your doctor.
- Call your VA doctor to make sure it cannot be accomplished via Telehealth.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 330-722-9368.
Furthermore, if you know of a veteran that is in need please advise them to contact us or call us and let us know so that we can reach out to them and see if we can be of any assistance.
Veterans Service Commission
Medina County, Ohio
Call (330) 722-9368 for more information.
For additional information on this release or the Medina County Veterans Service, visit our website – www.medinacountyveterans.org .
For additional information related to this release and all media – please contact Sue Boggs, Outreach Specialist for Medina County Veterans Service Office – (330) 722-9368 or email@example.com .