Medina County Veterans Service Office (MCVSO)
Community Medina Outreach Specialist/Coordinator | Position Description-Classified | Part-Time
The Medina County Veterans Service Commission (MCVSC) is seeking a part-time Community Medina Outreach Specialist/Coordinator for the Medina County Veterans Service Office.
The Community Media Outreach Specialist/Coordinator works under the direction of the Director of the Medina County Veterans Service Office (MCVSO). The position is responsible for all media/outreach related to Medina County Veterans Service Office including creation and/or supervision of newsletters, press releases, social media, brochures and flyers. Responsible for the coordination, planning and supervision of outreach events and all related activities and programs. Recruits, trains and assists volunteers and community partners for participation in veterans’ programs. Oversees and develops volunteer programming and all outreach for the office.
***In Accordance with the Ohio Revised Code Title 59 the applicant must be a veteran or, if a qualified veteran is not available, the spouse, surviving spouse, child, or parent of a veteran.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, edit, produce, and distribute a variety of internal and external print and digital publications, direct mail, ad campaigns, brochures, social media and/or newsletters for Director’s approval, to guide collaboration, provide information and continuously improve community relations. Prepare and distribute fact sheets, news releases, photographs, brochures, newsletters, annual reports, presentations, and other publications as requested to the Medina County Veterans Service Commissioners, media representatives and other persons who may be interested in learning about or publicizing MCVSO activities or message. Time Spent 40%
- Maintains and oversees posts on all social media accounts. Gathers information to post and handles all interaction on all social media accounts within the guidelines set by Medina County Office for Older Adults and the Medina County Board of Commissioners. Time Spent 10%
- Meet and communicate with community partners (business, government and private) for planning and coordinating outreach events and activities as well as recruiting and partnering with new volunteers, using marketing tools such as outreach programs, e-mails, and volunteer databases. Keeping new and existing partners informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities. Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database. Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training. Time Spent 20%
- Develop and capitalize on opportunities to provide information to media outlets via news releases, on-air shows and discussions, feature stories, video-taped segments, etc. Time Spent 10%
- Oversees planning and promotion of all activities and events. Responsible for securing vendors, arranging for theme, decor, entertainment, food and all aspects of events. Time Spent: 10%
- Attends required in-service programs and staff meetings. Attends community meetings and events as appropriate. Participates in continuing education activities. Time spent: 5 %
- Performs other duties as assigned. Time spent: 5%
- Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying:
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, graphic design, or a related field; one to three years’ experience in a public relations and marketing preferred.
- Experience in working with volunteer/volunteer programming preferred.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software, newsletter preparation, familiarity with website updates, grammar, spelling, and filing.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Proof of adequate insurance coverage.
· Hours 20-25 per week
· Salary $16 – $18 per hour based on experience
Send county application with resume and cover letter to:
Medina County Veterans Service Office
210 Northland Dr.
Medina, OH 44256
Email document to:
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Medina County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All potential candidates must pass a background check and drug screen.