COVID-19 Notice | Reopening Plan
Reopening Plan | Medina County Veterans Services Office, COVID-19 Notice | Reopening Plan
With the planned reopening of Ohio we are currently developing a phased in plan to reopen our office to the public over the next several weeks. It will take time and changes will be made that affect our staff and the Veterans and families that we serve. We are still working on the details, and we will remain closed to the public for the next few weeks.
With that said we have been able to accomplish almost every request for service that we have had asked of us during this pandemic. We are still available from 8:00am through 3:00pm by phone, fax or email to conduct business. If you leave us a message we will return your call within 3 business days.
The most current change is the Responsible Restart for VA Primary Care Locations in Northeast Ohio on May 4, 2020. Specifically the ones we utilize and provide transportation to, Louis Stokes VAMC Cleveland, Parma CBOC and Akron CBOC. We will once again be providing transportation to these three locations. Social distancing practices will be mandatory on our vehicles and within our office. This is not only for the protection of our drivers and staff but also for you and your fellow veterans, many of which are the most vulnerable to this virus.
The following guidelines are mandatory to ride on our vehicles until further notice.
- You must have a scheduled appointment and have scheduled with us for you to ride.
- You must not be sick. If you are feeling ill, please call your doctor.
- Call your VA doctor to make sure it cannot be accomplished via Telehealth.
- “YOU MUST WEAR A FACE MASK or COVERING” while riding in our vehicles, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Please wait in your vehicle until you are ready to load the vans to depart.
- Only the veteran with the appointment and/or care giver is allowed to travel. The veteran must need assistance from a caregiver.