Dear Fellow Veteran,
The first thing you should know is that the Medina County Veterans Service Office is NOT a branch of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We do not approve or deny VA claims.
Know your Rights and Benefits The County Veterans Service Office knows the extent, the meaning and the application of laws that have been passed by the U.S. Congress in the interests of veterans and their dependents. They also know the rules and regulations adopted by the Department of Veterans Affairs to clarify and implement those laws. The County Veterans Service Officer will apply specialized knowledge in the way best suited to the needs of every individual veteran or other beneficiary who comes to the office for assistance. It is important to remember that laws concerning VA benefits are constantly changing and it is best to file for all VA benefits that you might have coming to you.
Our Service Officer has earned accreditation’s with the following National Organizations as recognized by the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in the preparation and prosecution of claims under laws administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- American Legion
- American Red Cross
- American Veterans of World War II, Korea and Vietnam Veterans (AMVETS)
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
- Marine Corps League
- National Association of County Veterans Service Officers (NACVSO)
- Ohio Department of Veterans Services (ODVS)
- The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) of the USA
- Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)
To find or verify a VA accredited representative CLICK HERE