The Medina County Veterans Service Office provides two basic services:
- Temporary immediate financial aid and assistance to eligible veterans and family members who have demonstrated a need as set forth by the Commission.
- Assist veterans, family members and survivors when applying to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for benefits.
Our assistance includes but is not limited to:
- Financial Assistance
- Rent and mortgage payments
- Utilities: Gas, Electric and Water
- Food and personal Hygiene items
- Certain Medical
- Transportation to and from VA Medical Centers in Cleveland (Wade Park), Parma and Akron, Ohio
- Grave markers and flags
- Free Notary for Veterans & Families
- Veterans Identification Cards (unofficial) through the Medina County Recorders Office
- Free transportation on the Medina County Public Transit (MCPT) with proper ID
- Dental Program in partnership with the Medina County Health Department
- Proper submission of claims to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Representation at the Board of Veterans Appeals (BVA)
- Preparations of forms and paperwork
- Documentation of claims and pertinent data
- Submission for records, awards decorations and medals
- DD 214 certification
- Employment resources (website)
Our services are FREE of charge!
“Keeping the Promise” Now in Medina
If you have served in any combat zone, There is a Vet Center now in Medina. Vet Centers are community based and part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. With the growing number of veterans returning home to Medina County from combat, we have coordinated with the Westside Vet Center to provide a counselor one day a week here in our community.
Appointments will be available on weekdays at the Medina County Human Services Building, Room #155, 246 Northland Drive, Medina, Ohio.
To schedule an appointment call (440) 845-5023
To learn more about the VA’s Vet Centers visit us on the web at: http://www.vetcenter.va.gov/