The Medina County Veterans Service Office provides two basic services:
- Temporary emergency financial aid and assistance to eligible veterans and family members who have demonstrated a need as set forth by the Commission.
- Assist veterans, family members and survivors when applying to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for benefits.
Our assistance includes but is not limited to:
- Financial Assistance
- Rent and mortgage payments
- Utilities: Gas, Electric and Water
- Food and personal Hygiene items
- Certain Medical
- Transportation to and from VA Medical Centers in Cleveland (Wade Park), Parma and Akron, Ohio
- Grave markers and flags
- Free Notary for Veterans & Families
- Veterans Identification Cards (unofficial) trough the County Recorders Office
- Free transportation on the Medina County Public Transit (MCPT) with proper ID
- Preparations of forms and paperwork
- Documentation of claims and pertinent data
- Proper submission and representation of claims to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) thru a service organization
- Submission for awards decorations and medals
- Notary Public & DD 214 Certification
Our services are FREE of charge!
“Keeping the Promise” Now in Medina
If you have served in any combat zone, there is a Vet Center now in Medina. Vet Centers are community based and part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. With the growing number of veterans returning home to Medina County from combat, we have coordinated with the Westside Vet Center to provide a counselor two days a week here in our community.
Appointments will be available at the Professional Building on 120 W. Washington St, Room 3-C on the third floor.
To schedule an appointment call (440) 845-5023.